Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA intermittently not returning defined Returned Parameters.

d_ellis

I've defined a few return parameters as part of a resize volume workflow and through testing I've found that somtimes WFA will not return any of parameters.. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Returned Parameters Defined:

Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name VolUuid -Value (Get-NaVol $VolumeName).uuid -AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name VolStatus -Value (Get-NaVol $VolumeName).state-AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name VolAggr -Value (Get-NaVol $VolumeName).Aggregate -AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name VolVfiler -Value (Get-NaVol $VolumeName).OwningVfiler -AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name totalSpaceAllocated -Value $totalSpace -AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name primarySpaceAllocated -Value $primarySpaceAllocated -AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name snapshotReserveAllocated -Value $snapshotReserveAllocated -AddAsReturnParameter $true
Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name aggrCapacityCommited -Value $aggrCapacityCommited -AddAsReturnParameter $true

First Execution....Return Parameters are here

returnparam.PNG

Execution 20 min later against the same volume...... no returned parameters.

returnparamfail.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

d_ellis,

A WFA bug with ID: 951350 has been filed. You can raise a case with NetApp and refer to this ID for tracking its progress.

If we find out some workaround or a resolution, I'll update this thread.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

d_ellis

Sinhaa,

Thanks for the followup, I'll wait for a resolution.

sinhaa

d_ellis,

This seems to be a bug in WFA w.r.t. this Cmdlet Add-WfaWorkflowParameter. It doesn't happen all the time but once in a while, all or some of the added parameters are not returned at the end of execution. I've been able to reproduce the issue locally.

I'll log a bug with WFA. You can raise a customer case with NetApp to track its progress.

Your inconvinience is regretted.

sinhaa

WFA

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public