Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA server: Cannot connect to DFM server (target machine actively refused it on port22).

bkicken

After installing WFA on the system (win2008R2V M)  I am able to connect to the netapp controllers (3 * 8x-7m simulators-vm's), to the LDAP server (win2008 DC-vm) but not to the DFM server (win2008-vm).

Diagnosed this in Execution -> Credentials -> New -type: DFM

DFM/OnCommand 5 itself is functioning okay by the way (ie. prov./prot mgr and PA are working okay).

After installing wfa_oc5setup.exe I still have connection failure from WFA server to DFM server presented as follows:

failed to connect to DFM: dfm.vmdomain.local. Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip-address:22.

Disabled firewall for diagnostic purposes, but also to no solution unfortunately.

Only thing I had running was putty (SSH) on DFM server, but even after stopping all putty sessions, no WFA to DFM connection possible.

Anyone suggestions?

thanks

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaronh

Hi Ben,

First, let's set the records straight about OC5Setup - It is not installing anything. It needs to be on the OC5 and when executed you should select the DFM folder (Based on where it was installed,

so obviously the default path is only a suggestion - Some install it at a different drive). When it finds it creates the internal user in the OC5 DB that allows WFA to acquire.

Regarding the credentials for the DFM - DFM credentials are needed only for running commands which via SSH on the DFM. There's a good chance that you won't need it for starting with WFA.

It has no impact on acquisition.

Obviously we would like to take a closer look at your issue.

Here's a link to the troubleshooting guide:

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-15411

Best,

Yaron

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Public