Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

What is Part Number 43432-03 (looks like an empty disk drive chassis)?

sorenmikkelsen

Have at a customer found a number of what looks like empty disk drive chassis (photos attached).

Looking "inside" one of these thingies, is found a label stating e.g.:

P/N 43432-03

S/N CAJ43432B0C67A8

Being curious about what the things are, I searched in Parts Finder and elsewhere, unfortunately with no luck.

Do you know what it is and eventually where I can find it documented/described (e.g. on NOW)?

Kind regards,

Soren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

giuliano

The part number doesn't turn up anything specific in our internal catalog..

However, I can tell you by looking at it that it IS an empty disk drive chassis, most likely for an ATA shelf (PATA, SATA), and that it appears to be missing a converter board at the end of the chassis.

If the plastic bezel on front is Black, it's for an ATA chassis.

If it's dark gray, it's for an FC chassis.

I'm afraid the chassis won't be of much use to you - we don't sell them individually, only as part of the entire disk assembly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

giuliano

The part number doesn't turn up anything specific in our internal catalog..

However, I can tell you by looking at it that it IS an empty disk drive chassis, most likely for an ATA shelf (PATA, SATA), and that it appears to be missing a converter board at the end of the chassis.

If the plastic bezel on front is Black, it's for an ATA chassis.

If it's dark gray, it's for an FC chassis.

I'm afraid the chassis won't be of much use to you - we don't sell them individually, only as part of the entire disk assembly.

kusek

What I can find on this is that 43432-03 is an "ATA Carrier" which was superceded by PN 74672-03

As Giuliano has mentioned this is an empty carrier which doesn't do you much good other than acting as an agent in air-flow for the shelf.

Christopher

sorenmikkelsen

Thanks for the additional information!

sorenmikkelsen

Thanks for the answer!

Public