The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

What is the best way to run a command as a specific user

mszafran

I'm calling a workflow from rest.  (From VMware VCO)   When I call the workflow from the WFA portal,  the powershell is executed as the user who is running the service.  When I run the workflow via a REST call, I get errors.

re Permissions - BASE] ### Command 'Grant Share Permissions - BASE' ###
13:58:32.148 ERROR  [Grant Share Permissions - BASE] Command failed for Workflow 'Create a Clustered Data ONTAP Qtree CIFS Share - mszafran' with error : \\SVM_MSZAFRAN\qtreevco2: Access is denied.
13:58:32.152 INFO  [Grant Share Permissions - BASE] ***** Workflow Execution Failed *****

Here are the offending commands:

icacls \\$NetbiosServer\$ShareName /grant $DomainName\"$RWGroupName":"(OI)(CI)M"    
icacls \\$NetbiosServer\$ShareName /grant $DomainName\"$ROGroupName":"(OI)(CI)RX"
icacls \\$NetbiosServer\$ShareName /remove "Everyone"

What is best to do here?    Is there a powershell equivalent of sudo or something that is spiffy for this?

1 REPLY 1

mszafran

Lesson Learned:   Make sure all the variables you want to get from the user that you need for the workflow to complete are marked mandatory.   I had a typo in one of the my really long and descriptive variable names.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public