Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow to create a CIFS and/or NFS Vserver

mshearer

I put together a workflow to create a new Vserver with CIFS and/or NFS enabled.  This required creating a couple extra commands to create unix users and groups, set the default unix user for cifs, and setup user mapping.  I just wanted to share and get some feedback if there are some better ways to do some of these things.

A couple of other notes, this prompts for almost all inputs but does make a few assumptions, for the root volume it is <vserver name>_root and for the name switching it is set to use file.  Also I have not resolved a method for unlocking and setting a password for the vsadmin account but will in the future.  Also I have separate interfaces created for NFS, CIFS, and Management, but you could tweak to setup the number of interfaces you want.

For the commands I created I used the Invoke-NcSsh powershell commandlet as commandlets did not exist for what I wanted to do and as far as I could tell doing it via perl was not an option either.  The Invoke-NcSsh commandlet included with WFA threw an error so I replaced the powershell commandlets provided with WFA with the latest ones available and then it worked fine

Thank you.

WFA Version - 2.0.0.391.2

2 REPLIES 2

bschramm

Nice workflow!  I am tweaking this for my lab.  How about only showing "data" ports in the drop-down, rather than all ports?  A slight change I made to mine.

karale

if we add

"and p.role = 'Data' "

to the query used in this workflow for getting port, we will be able to achieve that.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public