The community is undergoing maintenance and is in Read-Only mode. Click to learn more.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

cDOT quota rule command

scheckel

Hi,

has somebody already done quota management on clustered ONTAP?

I need 2 commands

quota policy create

and more important:

quota policy rule create -vserver VSERVERNAME  -policy-name default -volume VOLUME -type tree -target q_target -disk-limit SIZE

Otherwise i will create it by myself.

Best wishes,

Markus.

2 REPLIES 2

scheckel

Added an example workflow.

Can create quota rules but not enable the quota on a volume with ps command

enable-NcQuota -Volume $VolumeName  -VserverContext $VserverName -controller $Cluster

getting "API invoke failed" even direct on powershell it wont work.

So is this an issue on the powershell toolkit?

Best wishes,

Markus.

satishh

Hi Markus,

I imported your workflow and removed the "-controller" input parameter in the command code. It works fine. The powershell cmdlet is as  follows,

enable-NcQuota -Volume $VolumeName  -VserverContext $VserverName  (No -controller input)

The command executed successfully. Command output,

12:08:20.484 INFO  [enable CM Quota] ### Command 'enable CM Quota' ###

12:08:21.890 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Executing command: ./enable_CM_Quota8641471582266480103.ps1 -VserverName vs1 -VolumeName test_vol1 -Cluster 10.68.66.160

12:08:21.906 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Get-NaCredentials -Host 10.68.66.160

12:08:21.921 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Credentials successfully provided for '10.68.66.160'

12:08:21.953 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Connect-NcController (with credentials) -Name 10.68.66.160

12:08:25.031 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Connected to cluster node

12:08:25.046 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Enabling quota on a volume- name '' , volume name 'test_vol1' , vserver name 'vs1'

12:08:27.250 INFO  [enable CM Quota] Command completed, took 6766 milliseconds

Note:  The value to the input parameter -controller is "parameter returned by the Connect-NcController cmdlet". If not specified, the value in the global variable CurrentNcController is used.  So In WFA Command code after "Connect-WfaCluster $Cluster"  not need to use that input parameter explicitly.

Regards,

Satish.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public