Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

creatiing cDOT volume with autogrow and autoshrink

scheckel

Hi,

how do i fill the cm "Volume Create" command to achive autogrow and shrink function.

dewdfnpc0001::> vol show -volume derotvi0068c_YDC_backup -fields autosize-increment ,autosize-mode,autosize,autosize-grow-threshold-percent,max-autosize,min-autosize,autosize-shrink-threshold-percent

(volume show)

vserver     volume                  max-autosize autosize-increment min-autosize autosize-grow-threshold-percent autosize-shrink-threshold-percent autosize-mode autosize

----------- ----------------------- ------------ ------------------ ------------ ------------------------------- --------------------------------- ------------- --------

dewdfvs0001 derotvi0068c_YDC_backup 70TB         3.75GB             75GB         90%                             85%                               grow_shrink   true

On CLI we have folowing settings:

[ -max-autosize {<integer>[KB|MB|GB|TB|PB]} ]                      Maximum Autosize (for flexvols only)
[ -autosize-increment|-i {<integer>[KB|MB|GB|TB|PB]} ]             Autosize Increment (for flexvols only)
[ -autosize-increment-percent|-p <percent> ]                       Autosize Increment Percent (for flexvols only)
[ -min-autosize {<integer>[KB|MB|GB|TB|PB]} ]                      Minimum Autosize
[ -autosize-grow-threshold-percent <percent> ]                     Autosize Grow Threshold Percentage
[ -autosize-shrink-threshold-percent <percent> ]                   Autosize Shrink Threshold Percentage
{ [ -autosize-mode {off|grow|grow_shrink} ]                        Autosize Mode
| [ -autosize {true|false} ] }                                     Autosize Enabled (for flexvols only)

I think it must be in field options as ist is on "Template Efficient NAS settings:

"try_first volume_grow"

Cause powershell cmdlet don't have autogrow.

NAME

New-NcVol

SYNOPSIS

Create a volume.

SYNTAX

New-NcVol [-Name] <String> [-Aggregate] <String> [-JunctionPath] <String> [-

Comment <String>] [-AntivirusOnAccessPolicy <String>] [-ExportPolicy <String

>] [-FlexCacheCachePolicy <String>] [-FlexCacheFillPolicy <String>] [-FlexCa

cheOriginVolume <String>] [-GroupId <Int32>] [-IndexDirectoryFormat [<Boolea

n>]] [-JunctionActive [<Boolean>]] [-MaxDirectorySize <Decimal>] [-NvFailEna

bled [<Boolean>]] [-SecurityStyle <String>] [-SnapshotPolicy <String>] [-Spa

ceReserve <String>] [-State <String>] [-Type <String>] [-UnixPermissions <St

ring>] [-UserId <Int32>] [-VserverRoot [<Boolean>]] [-SnapshotReserve <Int32

>] [-VmAlignSector <Int32>] [-VmAlignSuffix <String>] [-VserverContext <Stri

ng>] [-Controller <NcController[]>] [-Size] <String> [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] [<

CommonParameters>]

Were do i find the equivilant options compared to the CLI?  would also be an improvement for the volume create command to be defined in a special field.

Best wishes,

Markus.

1 REPLY 1

shailaja

Hi Markus,

The certified command "Create volume" is currently not having the parameters to set autogrow mode (grow_shrink..), minimum size and shrink threshold percentage. We have an internal enhancement request filed for adding this in one of the subsequent releases.

If you are planning to write a custom command to lets say, set autosize/autoshrink parameters, then you can use the PS cmdlet Set-NcVolAutosize which supports these settings.

Set-NcVolAutosize [-Name] <String> -Mode <String> [-MinimumSize <String>] [-

GrowThresholdPercent <Int32>] [-ShrinkThresholdPercent <Int32>] [-VserverCon

text <String>] [-Controller <NcController[]>] [[-MaximumSize] <String>] [[-I

ncrementSize] <String>] [<CommonParameters>]

Thanks,

Shailaja

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public