Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

dfm perf view counter add ? about instance for pBlk exhaustion

JGPSHNTAP

So, i'm working building pblk exhaustion view and i have the following

dfm perf view create "pBlk Monitor filer-ab (basic)"

dfm perf view chart add "pBlk Monitor filer-ab (basic)" "pBlk exhaustion"
dfm perf view chart add "pBlk Monitor filer-ab( basic)" "pBlk exhaustion from Primary Pool"
dfm perf view chart add "pBlk Monitor filer-ab (basic)" "Max Authentication Requests Waiting"
dfm perf view chart add "pBlk Monitor filer-ab (basic)" "Max Requests that are waiting Offload"

dfm perf view counter add -n filera -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "pBlk exhaustion" cifs_stats:exhaust_mem_ctrl_blk_cnt
dfm perf view counter add -n filerb -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "pBlk exhaustion" cifs_stats:exhaust_mem_ctrl_blk_cnt

dfm perf view counter add -n filera -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "pBlk exhaustion from Primary Pool" cifs_stats:exhaust_mem_ctrl_blk_reserve_cnt
dfm perf view counter add -n filerb -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "pBlk exhaustion from Primary Pool" cifs_stats:exhaust_mem_ctrl_blk_reserve_cnt

dfm perf view counter add -n filera -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "Max Authentication Requests Waiting" cifs_stats:max_auth_qlength
dfm perf view counter add -n filerb -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "Max Authentication Requests Waiting" cifs_stats:max_auth_qlength

dfm perf view counter add -n filera -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "Max Requests that are waiting Offload" cifs_stats:max_offload_qlength
dfm perf view counter add -n filerb -i ec0 "pBlk Monitor usctns018a-b (basic)" "Max Requests that are waiting Offload" cifs_stats:max_offload_qlength

But i'm geting errors when I try to add the counter -

Error: No instance found of type cifs_stats on host filerb.domain.com (30899) named ec0.

(Same error for all above)

So my question is what is ec0 and what am i doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1

UberKV

Hi

I have managed to get this working. You need the following option enabled:

perfAdvisorShowDiagCounters

Regards

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public