The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

encountered malformed identifier due to storport bug ?

SIGEPSPAM

In Balance (v4.1.1.1) -- I'm getting a Discovery Collection error for a Windows Server 2003 R2 Std 32bit server: "encountered malformed identifier due to storport bug" ?

I've searched the Internet and cannot find any instances of this error.

It "seems" like it might be similar to other errors that we've been fixing about needing Microsoft KB932370:

but this does 'not' seem to be the case.

Anyone know what "encountered malformed identifier due to storport bug" means and how to resolve? Is this a Windows thing? Or just a WMI/SNMP Balance collection thing?

thanks...

1 REPLY 1

SIGEPSPAM

I think I may be on to something. I did a little digging and 'storport.sys' is at v5.2.3790.4173 which looks to be correct for a Win2003 R2SP2 x86 system.

However --- I checked the Dell PERC 6/i firmware/software and it's currently at v6.0.1-0080 (11/20/2007). It says the minimum should be 6.2.0-0012 (04/28/2009) and the latest is v6.3.3.0002 (05/17/2013).

Since we're not at the minimum firmware version -- it has a yellow alert in the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator page.

I'm going see if we can get the FW/SW up to date and/or P2V this old server to a VM to get rid of these hardware dependencies and issues. This should make the Balance alert go away too.

P.S: It looks like Microsoft KB943545 helps too.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public