The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

licensing question

ALESSIOTORELLI

Hi,

I am reading NetApp Price list but I can't understand how NetApp storage systems map to T categories (T1, T2, T2C, etc.).

In particular I'd need to know which category FAS 3160 belongs to.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

CCOLEMAN_

It can be either t1 or t2.

It goes like this

FAS2200 Series t2 or r3

FAS3000 Series t1 or t2

FAS6000 Series t1

You can add a ssd and sas to the 2200 to make them for t1 data if you want. It just depends on how you configure it.

3160 is a good box, but I would go for the 3240 or 3270

aborzenkov

Where have you got it from?

Tier table for older models is in https://fieldportal.netapp.com/DirectLink.aspx?documentID=49422&contentID=63926

For newer models as far as I know there is no tiers any more, rather order numbers are model specific.

ALESSIOTORELLI

I am unable to access that link, could you please post tier table here?

Thanks

What particular price are you after - is it for Operations Manager (Add Node) or something similar?

For other features (like protocols) tiers are irrelevant from what I know - you just have model-specific price.

And one more thought: you should always treat list pricing with a pinch of salt, as the actual sell price should be (more or less) generously discounted

Regards,
Radek

Where can I find a model-specific pricing list?

Regards

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public