Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

"Hit-All-the-unspecific-Alarm-Rule" and escape for previous alarms?

mgruber

Hi!

We are still running a OCUM5.1, yes update follow in the next days, but what am I seeking for is a solution for a problem which I think should be quite simple, but I didnt get it.

We have several Alarm, like "full volume", "*_latency",.... and so on, followed by some sort of "hit-all-the-rest-alarm". the intention is, the dedicated alarms should be mailed to some group of people, but the "hit-the-unspecific"-rule to another.

What is this "hit-the-unspecific"-Rule, simply: "Event: ALL; Severity: Error or worse; Group: global", now we are getting all alarms twice, the specific and the unspecific, cause the severity hits, I understand why that happens, BUT, is there any solution to get around that, or a escape-rule would be nice....if a specific alarm was triggered no other alarm is engaged.... or is the only solution to define alarms for every Event-Type to route that mailing?

I could work with groups, but the global-group would hit always...

cheers

Matthias

2 REPLIES 2

arunchak

HI Gruber,

AFAIK, once you create an Alarm with "Event: ALL; Severity: Error or worse; Group: global", there is no way to exclude specific alarms form that list.

You could create separate alarms for every event-type to route the mailing.

Thanks,

Arun

mgruber

Hi!

Well, that is what I nearly expected, I had a small hope, that I have missed something or there is some sort of "hidden trick" 🙂

cheers

Matthias

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public