Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

unable to SSH 7 mode filers

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Guys,

I am able to connect to the Netapp filers using System Manager but when i try to SSH to the same filer using putty. I am unable to login, when i enter my credentials it just disappear. i even checked the ssh service is running on the filer. please suggest if anything need to be done. 

regards

Vinay

4 REPLIES 4

NAYABSK

This happens due to last SSH session was not terminated properly or not timed out.

Do you have a trusted SSH or RSH client configured for your netapp filer ? I mean where you can issue commands password less ( SSH key was already added in to the client ) if yes then you can  do a "rsh filer_name logout telnet" or "ssh filer_name logout telnet".

Ex:- LinuxClient>   rsh <netapp_filer> logout telnet

Thanks,

Nayab

**If my reply solved your issue please help to mark it as solution**

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Nayab,

This is the first time i am trying to connect to the 7 mode controller. but i have connected to the filer several time using system manager. if i need to logout older session of someuser (not sure if it is related to). what command can be used from windows client.

Ex:- LinuxClient>   rsh <netapp_filer> logout telnet

regards

Vinay

NAYABSK

Wait can you check from System Manager if there is a way to Stop and Start the SSH daemon 

Go to Configuration --> Security 

Can check above and let me know

Thanks,

Nayab

NAYABSK

Do you have access to BMC/RLM of the Netapp Filer you login and issue command 

Filer> logout telnet 

This will terminate any active sessions

Thanks,

Nayab

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public