BlueXP Services

AltaVault and local cluster Snapmirror

netappmagic

Can I set up a snapmirror relation between Alatvault and the OnTap cluster, and I can control what snapshots should be moved to Altault and what should be staying in the  cluster? the same as I can do between a local cluster and remote cluster?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

RajeshPanda

@netappmagic  Let me know if you are still looking for the solution, i will help you find an expert who can answer to your query.

netappmagic

Yes, I am still looking for the solution. Please let me know.  Thanks!

vittal

Hi @netappmagic

Yes, you can setup snapmirror between Ontap CLuster and Altavault.

Please refer document https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2841532 Page 50.

for more details on setup and configuration details you can reachout support.

netappmagic

@vittal,

this is not what I am asking.

I know i can do snapmirror between FAS cluster and Altavault. I am asking if we can do snapshot version control type of snapmirror between these two. Which means selectively snapmirror snapshots over to Altavault?

vittal

Hi @netappmagic ,

"Which means selectively snapmirror snapshots over to Altavault?"

snapmirror snapshots refered here is the snaphsot created using snapshot policy ? 

Netapp unified replication(XDP) is used for replication from Ontap to Altvault.

Snapshots created on source volume using "snapshot policy" with snapmirror lables Can be controlled /transfered to Altvault using rules (snapmirror labels) specified in the "snapmirror policy" assinged to the relation .

Snapshot policy and Snapmirror policy should be created on source Ontap Controller.

netappmagic

@vittal 

Let me ask you this question then, can ALTAVAULT support SnapMirror relationship with version-flexible replication?

Thanks!

vittal

Hi @netappmagic ,

Altavault supports only SnapMirror policy type "vault" with SnapMirror relation type "XDP".
Version flexible SnapMirror with SnapMirror policy type "async-mirror or mirror-vault" is not supported by altavault.
please refer attached document "The AltaVault SnapMirror deployment guide" for step by step configuration details.

netappmagic

Thank you!

Public