Community Related Discussions

Ansible machine to Netapp Ontap basic connectivity via Username password or either via Publickey.

Redni

Hi all, 

Main objective is to capture the old SVM configuration to the new svm's

(any help would be appreciated, currently I am facing issue in basic connectivity from redhat linux system to my netapp Ontap machine.) 

Have setup new ansible server(controller server) to work with netapp ontap system.
I am able to reach the netapp normally from the server via ssh, but when I am running the playbook on my ansible machine the ontap is not reachable. It's going till login prompt then it's unreachable.

PLAYBOOK: svm_connectivity_check_basic.yml *******************************************************************************************************************************************************
1 plays in svm_connectivity_check_basic.yml

PLAY [netapp_hosts] ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Gathering Facts] ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
task path: /home/admin/yaml_playbooks/project_svm_config_copy/svm_connectivity_check_basic.yml:2
<X.X.X.X> ESTABLISH SSH CONNECTION FOR USER: None
<X.X.X.X> SSH: EXEC ssh -C -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o 'ControlPath="/home/admin/.ansible/cp/cd3deb7393"' 10.136.X .X '/bin/sh -c '"'"'echo ~ && sleep 0'"'"''
<X.X.X.X> (255, b'\r\r\nLast login time: 10/30/2022 18:59:06\r\r\n\x07\r\nError: "/bin/sh" is not a recognized command\r\n\r\n', b'')
fatal: [vm1.abb.global]: UNREACHABLE! => {
"changed": false,
"msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh: ",
"unreachable": true
}

PLAY RECAP ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
vm1.abb.global : ok=0 changed=0 unreachable=1 failed=0 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

_________________________________________________________________________________________________\n

More information on the above query

I am using the module in my playbook as follows and trying to connect via username and password as in error says, " can not connect via ssh " :-

---
- hosts: netapp_hosts
tasks:
- name: netapp machine login
netapp.ontap.na_ontap_ssh_command:
hostname: "{{ vm1.abb.global }}"
username: "{{ Nuser }}"
password: "{{ ******** }}"
command: ['version']

Regards

Singh

1 REPLY 1

Redni

Just so you know on above I am able to access the NetApp machine if i directly try to access like this
"ssh user@server_name", but having issues only when I try to access it while using any ansible module in my playbook. 

Public