Community Related Discussions

cannot delete account or change password

herbert_feutl

hello,

wanted to clean up my system and found user and password for this account.

wanted to change it, not able to find the optione, nor the option to delete.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Li-Jacques

Hi herbert_feutl    

Thanks for posting here!    

For changing your password, please follow the procedure written in this page :  https://mysupport.netapp.com/eservice/public/webreg/RemindMePassword.jsp    

For deleting your account, please send me a pm. We will discuss about your options in private.

Thanks

herbert_feutl

Thanks for the Link,

but the page is not working.

i would prefer changing the password instead of deleting the account.

Spoiler
Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Li-Jacques

Sorry about that. I thought it will work directly....

Try to go to the login page: https://signin.netapp.com/oamext/login.html

Image 3.png

then clcik where it is mentioned "forgot your password". Once you are on the page, add your email address and your user ID. After you will receive an email with some intructions to follow. I hope it will work this time! Cheers

herbert_feutl

this would work if the mail address associated to tha accoutn would still be mine.

it is the one assigned to my former company I worked for.

another thing I am not able to change in the settings, these restrictions do not make any sense, but ok

how to change the mail address before I can chnage teh password ?

Li-Jacques

@herbert_feutl I sent you 2 Pms last Friday. Have you had a chance to read them? I need you to answer the 2nd one so that we can solve your issue -). Thanks

herbert_feutl

sorry for the late response

PM is on its way

Li-Jacques

Thanks I got it and answered it !  -)

Public