Data Backup and Recovery

Failover Cluster unable to see my Disks

NETAPPTNT

Hi Community,

I have an issue where by i am usin snap drv 6.3 on win 2008 R2.

In snap drive all my disks\igroups etc however when i use Microsoft Failover Cluster Manager to create my cluster by adding disks it says "No suitable disks for cluster disks were found".

Can anyone advise on my next step of action. I am new to Netapp and its functions.

regards

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

radek_kubka

Are there any data in these LUNs? Any chance to destroy them, recreate using SnapDrive & see whether problems goes away?

(Or just create a new test LUN via SnapDrive)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

radek_kubka

Hi,

Quick question:

Were the LUNs created by SnapDrive? Did you check the option during creation indicating they will be used as a cluster resource?

Regards,
Radek

NETAPPTNT

The Luns were created before i installed Snap drive...however i did use snapdrive to create the igroups and attach the luns to the hosts. i also used the Clustered disk option.

radek_kubka

Are there any data in these LUNs? Any chance to destroy them, recreate using SnapDrive & see whether problems goes away?

(Or just create a new test LUN via SnapDrive)

NETAPPTNT

i can do either. i have not gone live as yet.

NETAPPTNT

ok

I created a test lun from within snapdrive and off the bat i had about 3 extra options to seclect Cluster group, intiators etc.

Now that i have done this do i create the cluster group from within snap drive or do i create from Microsoft failover manager?

NETAPPTNT

Thanks Radek...all seems to be good now. The trick was to create the Microsoft Cluster before i add\create luns in snap drive

Thanks a mil for the great help.

Public