Data Backup and Recovery

Problem with Scheduled SMSQL Backups

1ptlatham1

Everyone,

On servers using FC and VM and NFS and VM I am having problems executing scheduled backups with verification through SQL Agent jobs. There are very generic messages in the event viewer, but there is no LUN mount message on the verifcation server. The error(s) follow:

Job : new-backup  –svr '<server'  -d  '<server>', '5', '<db>', '<db_2>', <db_3>', '<db_4>', '<db_5>' -ver  –verInst '<ver_server>' -mp  –mpdir 'C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\SnapMgrMountPoint' -RetainBackups  7 -lb -bksif -RetainSnapofSnapInfo 8 -trlog  –mgmt daily

The operation executed with the following results.

Details: An Unexpected Error occured while executing new-backup.

Details: Cannot invoke this function because the current host does not implement it.

Stack Trace:    at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)

at System.Management.Automation.PipelineNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement, Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

If I schedule a job without verification it completes (invoked through SQL Agent etc). I believe it is permissions, but not sure...

Thanks,

PT

2 REPLIES 2

abhisek

Hi ,

Can you grab the backup report which is by default found in C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\Report folder? What settings are you choosing for verification settings when you get the error.

Remember :

You can verify the physical integrity of the database image in your backup directly after the backup or you can run verification later using deferred verification.

You can run full database verification on any computer that is configured to run SMSQLdatabase verification. You cannot select a instance that is a Windows cluster resource.

Regards,

Abhishek

1ptlatham1

This is resolved. The problem was with SQL Agent running on a local account. It did not cause the same issues on a physical box as it did with VMWare. Once I moved the service to a domain account, the mount(s) at the verification server went through. Thanks everyone.

PT

Public