I have resolved this issue myself by updating SMO profile. See below details I could able to compile for any of us face any such issue.
I found in SMO profile in Notification body under Success operation recipients e-mail address was washed out when I updated my profile as per commands given in my post above.
HosName:[/]#smo profile show -profile Temp_PROF -verbose
E-mail ID: email@example.com
E-mail Subject: SMO DB-Name backup failed
- When I once more did smo profile update for the successful backup, then I found in smo profile show o/p that Success operation of notification body got recipients e-mail address updated BUT THIS TIME Failure operation body configuration washed out. HOWEVER I started getting successful backup mail.
- WHY I was not getting successful backup notification for the first time I updated my profile is because I run smo profile update for failure backup after I ran smo profile update for successful. Therefore it had deleted Successful operation configuration details in profile under notification body.
- NOW WHY it is only saving either one notification configuration (Success/Failed) is yet to be find out. Not sure if I can declare it a bug or burt.
Anyway, here is in brief step as how I fixed the issue of not getting SMO backup success notification mails.
- I updated smo profile update only for success. I didn't do for failed operation or else it will again wipe out success operation configurations.
smo profile update -profile Temp_PROF -notification -success -email firstname.lastname@example.org -subject "DB-name backup success"
- Once I update profile and checked the O/P of smo profile show, I could see Success operation configuration there....and also getting mails in my inbox.