Data Backup and Recovery

Snap Creator 4.1 to 4.1P1 upgrade

shem

I could not find a section in the Snap Creator installation Guide on how to upgrade from SC 4.1 to SC 4.1P1. Installation guide describes the upgrade process from 4.0 to 4.1. Are there any special instructions to upgrade SC on a Linux box from 4.1 to 4.1P1? or should I follow the same upgrade instructions mentioned in the installation guide (4.0 to 4.1) when upgrading 4.1 to 4.1P1?

2 REPLIES 2

spinks

Shem,

As you mentioned, to upgrade please follow the 4.0 to 4.1 instructions as the commands are the same.

With UNIX I usually copy the necessary files from my old install path to my new install path - This allows me to keep the old install around with all the files in case I need to revert or start up an older version for any reason.

For Windows (You said Linux, but I want to cover Windows for other readers) there is an important caveat.

Be sure to follow the instructions in the UNINSTALL section to verify that you are backing up all of the correct data for SC 4.1 (stopping the services before backing up).

There are a few additional directories to backup in 4.1 that do not exist in 4.0.

Once you have backed up the correct 4.1 data then proceed with the upgrade.

This isn't as big a deal in Linux - Windows uninstalls the old version before installing a new version, so it is really important to backup all the old data in Windows.

With Linux you just keep both versions of data.

Hope this helps!

John

shem

John,

Thanks for the info. Just did an upgrade from 4.1 to 4.1P1 on a Linux box and everything looks good so far.

Marc

Public