Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for Exchange as guest in Hyper-V over SMB cluster

aleksandar_stefanov

We want to deploy Exchange 2013 as virtual machine under Hyper-V over SMB cluster. According Microsoft, that is supported configuration by them.

In such deployment, can we use SnapManager for Exchange?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aleksandar_stefanov

I have checked with the supportablilty department and found that the only supported configuration for exchange on VHDX is to run the Exchange VM inside the virtual disk and use application consistent backups from Snapmanager for Hyper-V with the hyper-visor having it’s datastore on SMB3 share.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aleksandar_stefanov

I have checked with the supportablilty department and found that the only supported configuration for exchange on VHDX is to run the Exchange VM inside the virtual disk and use application consistent backups from Snapmanager for Hyper-V with the hyper-visor having it’s datastore on SMB3 share.

lourenco_dany

hello, so with the application consistent backup, how do you perform single mailbox restores?

@aleksandar_stefanov wrote:

Public