Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for SQL shows "Failed to load configuration data" during Configuration Wizard

GRIMSTONER

Hi

I've setup SMSQL, and configured the first member of my Availability Group. When installing on the second, I get this error during the configuration wizard:

2016-03-25_8-41-03.jpg

Unable to continue with the configuration wizard after this. These events are in my event log:

Application: SnapMgrService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at <Module>.CSqlConfigDmo.IsThisDatabaseQtreesUsedByOtherDatabases(CSqlConfigDmo*, _SMSQL_DATABASE*, UInt32, UInt32, _SMSQL_INSTANCES*)
   at <Module>.CSqlConfigDmo.SetSqlStructInvalidForSnapVaultFlag(CSqlConfigDmo*, _SMSQL_INSTANCES*)
   at <Module>.CSqlConfigDmo.GetSqlStructDataSetInfo(CSqlConfigDmo*, _SMSQL_INSTANCES*, _SMSQL_SIFS_MULTIDB_PERDISK*, _SME_VLD_LIST*)
   at <Module>.CSqlConfigDmo.GetSQLServerDatabasesInternal(CSqlConfigDmo*, _SMSQL_INSTANCES**, _SME_VLD_LIST**, Int32*, Int32, _SMSQL_SIFS_MULTIDB_PERDISK**, Int32, Int32)
   at <Module>.CSqlConfigDmo.GetSQLServerDatabasesInternal2(CSqlConfigDmo*, _SMSQL_INSTANCES**, _SME_VLD_LIST**, Int32*, Int32, _SMSQL_SIFS_MULTIDB_PERDISK**, Int32)
   at <Module>.CNtapSnapMgrSql.GetSmSQLConfig(CNtapSnapMgrSql*, _SMSQL_INSTANCES**, _SME_VLD_LIST**, _SMSQL_SIFS_MULTIDB_PERDISK**)
   at <Module>.CNtapSnapMgrSql.GetSmSQLConfig(CNtapSnapMgrSql*, _SMSQL_INSTANCES**, _SME_VLD_LIST**, _SMSQL_SIFS_MULTIDB_PERDISK**)
   at NetApp.SnapManager.SMSQLServices.SMSQLService.GetSmSqlConfig(NetApp.SnapManager.SMSQLServices.SmSqlInstances ByRef, NetApp.SnapManager.SMSQLServices.SmLunList ByRef, NetApp.SnapManager.SMSQLServices.SmSqlSnapInfosMultiDbPerDisk ByRef)
   at DynamicClass.SyncInvokeGetSmSqlConfig(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[] ByRef)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc ByRef)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc ByRef)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc ByRef)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContext, Boolean, System.ServiceModel.OperationContext)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContext, System.ServiceModel.OperationContext)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.OnAsyncReceiveComplete(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.Runtime.Fx+AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel+TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource+ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(System.Object)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(System.Object)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(System.Object, IntPtr)
   at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32, Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest)
   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteRequest(Int32)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.CheckCompletionBeforeNextRead(Int32)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream+IOAsyncResult.OnAsyncIOComplete(System.Object)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

and

Faulting application name: SnapMgrService.exe, version: 7.2.1.2318, time stamp: 0x56bb553b
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000007fbebb3174f
Faulting process id: 0xa34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d186650ead3c1b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\SnapMgrService.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: dea58a9b-f258-11e5-9439-00155da3f128
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GRIMSTONER

Was a combination of using SMSQL 7.2.1 (Could continue past the first step in the config wizard when I reverted to 7.1.1), and not having the replicas in my AG set to "Readable".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GRIMSTONER

Was a combination of using SMSQL 7.2.1 (Could continue past the first step in the config wizard when I reverted to 7.1.1), and not having the replicas in my AG set to "Readable".

Public