Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Data Backup and Recovery

Snapdrive errors when using "-fs -nolvm" options on 4.1.1 (linux redhat 5.3)

kelvint

Hi Guys,

i am getting errors whenever i error when i do a "snapdrive storage create -lun /vol/xxxx/ -lunsize 1g -fs /mnt/test1 -nolvm -igroup serverA" Without the two options where no partitions are created everything seems fine.From the sd-trace files it seems to have some issues with the sfdisk utility in the native mpio config for redhat linux 5.3.

The error i am getting are

" 0001-742 Admin error: Error creating file system /mnt/test1 :mke2fs 1.39 (29-may-2006)

/dev/sdb1 is apparently in use by the system

Anyone has encounter this?

regds

Kelvin Tuan

1 REPLY 1

watan

Hi Kelvin,

Did you check the IMT for supported configuration?  I'm showing RHEL 5.3 supported in various versions and protocols.  I took a look at the BURT db and got a few hits with similar issues but most were on versions prior to 3.0.  Check out Burt 228115 which had a similar issue but on the SUSE platform.  If  you're still having problems, check out the config checker http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/snapdrive_config_checker_unix/ and post a snapdc for the problem node.  http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/snapdrive_data_collector_unix/

Thanks,

Allan

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public