EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Datastore Not Visible

Amit4

Hi,

I am using E2624 NetApp Storage as the shared storage for the datastore mounted in ESXi 6.7. Suddenly, the datastore size is showing as 0, indicating no data size. My NetApp storage is pinging properly, and I am also able to log in to the NetApp console. I have restarted the NetApp as well as rescanned the datastore, but it is still not working. Requested to all Please suggest troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue as our production environment is completely stuck.

6 REPLIES 6

Amitra

HI @Amit4 ,

Do you see any errors in SANtricity Array Manager ?

Are the volumes mapped to datastore online ?

Are the volumes mapped to the host ?

If Yes, then this needs to be validated from VMware vendor as we are block storage and if volume is online and mapped, host vendor needs to be engaged. 

Amit4

Yes, I have checked the logs. It was showing that the temperature threshold was reached, causing a temporary disconnection for a few minutes. Now, there are no critical logs that we found, meaning it's back to normal. Are there any other troubleshooting steps from the NetApp end?

Amit4

Are the volumes mapped to datastore online ?--Yes

Are the volumes mapped to the host:---Yes

Amitra

Please engage VMware support team to investigate this issue. 

Amitra

If you can please provide the temperature alerts and if you can elaborate on "temporary disconnection"? Did the volumes go failed or drives failed ? Did the system go down  ?

Amit4

Hi Amitra,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, after the temperature threshold issue was resolved, the datastore is showing as online. However, the size is still 0. We are currently engaging with the ESXi vendor. Thanks for your assistance.

Public