EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

E2760 console procedure

Heesun

Hello all, 
Sorry for the basic question, Currently My Netapp 2 controllers are in Lockdown mode (Booting limit exceeded)
I`d like to connect via console cable and clear the lockdown but couldn`t find the command list from this site. 

Console cable connection only gives me the information or can I operate it?

I managed to connect it by Putty but lost from here. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ahmadm

Hi Heesun,

A "booting limit exceeded" lock down indicates the controller rebooted 5 times in a row without completing its normal/complete boot up process. This type of lock down often suggests there is a firmware or software related issue preventing the firmware from loading completely before hitting some exception.

You may clear the lock down with the following commands but there is a high likelihood that the controllers will reboot again and lock down. The console output would be very helpful here once the controllers' boot up again and encounter the exception.

• clearHardwareLockdown
  • lemClearLockdown

Note: You need to run the commands in the order provided. Additionally, the second command will reboot the controller which is expected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ahmadm

Hi Heesun,

A "booting limit exceeded" lock down indicates the controller rebooted 5 times in a row without completing its normal/complete boot up process. This type of lock down often suggests there is a firmware or software related issue preventing the firmware from loading completely before hitting some exception.

You may clear the lock down with the following commands but there is a high likelihood that the controllers will reboot again and lock down. The console output would be very helpful here once the controllers' boot up again and encounter the exception.

• clearHardwareLockdown
  • lemClearLockdown

Note: You need to run the commands in the order provided. Additionally, the second command will reboot the controller which is expected.

Public