EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Error when configuring E-Series 2800 DNS with Ansible netapp_e_mgmt_interface

__mattb__

Hi I'm trying to configure primary and secondary DNS with the netapp_e_mgmt_interface module.

My Playbook is as follows:

- name: Configure DNS interfaces 1 for controller A
netapp_e_mgmt_interface:
api_url: "{{ api_url }}"
api_username: "{{ api_username }}"
api_password: "{{ api_password }}"
ssid: "1"
validate_certs: no
controller: "A"
name: "1"
dns_config_method: static
dns_address: "{{ site_local_dns_primary }}"
dns_address_backup: "{{ site_local_dns_primary }}"

However I'm getting the error "We could not find an interface matching [1] on Array=[1]."

I've tried using the loops as in the example but don't appear to be getting anywhere.  Can anyone help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swartzn

Unfortunately the example is wrong. You need to either change the 'name' parameter to 'channel' or use the controller's interfaceName or alias. Sorry for the confusion.

swartzn_0-1597159552288.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

swartzn

Unfortunately the example is wrong. You need to either change the 'name' parameter to 'channel' or use the controller's interfaceName or alias. Sorry for the confusion.

swartzn_0-1597159552288.png

__mattb__

Thanks for the reply, yes setting - channel: "1" seemed to fix the error.

I'm confused though why it's a requirement to select a channel or interface at all as in the GUI, DNS settings are at the controller, not the interface level.

Should I just configure DNS on channel 1 for each controller?

swartzn

Yes, that will work. You'll only need to set the DNS settings for one interface. I understand the confusion but that's just the way the module was structured. The module was designed with the focus on the interface's state not the controller's.

Public