EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

is E-Series 5700 integrate with IBM Tape Library

ayman_elnemr

Hi Dears,

Im searching for integration between EF5700 with IBM Tape library and coudn't find pdf or articles show this point.

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Just from my experiece, Tape Libraries interact with the Storage OS via FC/SCSI (Actual Hardware Model is secondary here) and the Host OS if its connected to external Media Server. Hence, it is important to gather following information.

For example :

So we need 3 components here:
1) E5700 OS:11.40.2

Let's assume I have SANtricity 11.40.2

2) Who is the backup Vendor : IBM Spectrum Protect, SnapProtect/CommVault, BackupExec/Netbackup Veritas, Veeam etc.

3) What's the Tape Library Model?

Just one example here: (Assumtions below)

1) E5700 OS:11.40.2
2) Backup Software : Assuming I have CommVault, so there is webapge for - Supported Hardware Storage Arrays (I will lookuo for E5700)
3) Tape Library : Assuming I have IBM TS4300 <-- This compatibility information will come from the Backup Vendor as well, for example - If the Tape Library is attached to a Media Server with Windows/Linux OS, then there is compability with Host OS and Tape Library. If it's NDMP (Direct attached) then there will be a separate list.

Therefore it's the Backup vendor Application that primarily drives interoperability with Storage & Tape library compatibility.

Thanks!

Public