2017-11-13 11:30 AM
since we can't put direct attach servers to FAS, we have to move to iSCSI 10GbE. What would be best recommendation for 2 x 24-port 10Base-T or SFP+ switches for medimu workload on Vmware with 3-4 hosts? I have at my disposal:
- HP line of product like HPE 5700 or Aruba 3810 or 2930M
- Cisco Nexus 3524
but also other suggestions are welcomed.
FAS will be with SSD drives or possible A200.
Solved! See The Solution
1 REPLY 1
2017-11-16 08:57 AM
You can't really go wrong with any of those choices.. the things you'd need for handling iSCSI traffic are:
- Jumbo frames (9000+)
- Various forms of flow control capabilities (link, 802.1p, IP-QoS, etc.)
- High-performance, non-blocking switching (ideally, line-rate)
- Low latency (cut-through switching modes get you the lowest numbers, with some sacrifice in isolating CRC errors)
- LACP support for ifgrps/trunking
- Bonus "storm control" features for broadcast/multicast, or even excessive unicast traffic