FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Using ex-R200 SATA Disk Shelf into FAS3050c

ferianto_siregar85

Dear All,

I have 2 R200 SATA Disk Shelves with R200 controller and In another hand, I have FAS3050c controller.

I have  plan to attach the FAS3050c Controller with SATA Disk, so I will use all ex-R200 SATA Disk shelves.

I have run in maintenance mode in FAS3050c using serial console, then execute command "disk_list" or "disk show", BUT it did not give any available disk output.

*> disk_list

DISK    CHAN  VENDOR   PRODUCT ID       REV  SERIAL#              HW (BLOCKS   BPS) DQ

------------ ----- -------- ---------------- ---- -------------------- -- -------------- --

No disks found on system!  Check cabling,

SCSI id jumpers and drive termination.

All the adapter condition is OFFLINE. I have tried to online one of it using "fcadmin online 0a".

By this command, the controller , through adapter 0a, can see all disk shelves, but in a few seconds, the adapter became OFFLINE again and at the end , I got messages:

*** Device 0a. i31 resides in ans  enclosure not qnoualified for thiw s platform.

offline.

Thu Feb 16 10:01:25 GMT [ses.config.noEnclosureServices:error]: No Enclosure Services detected through channel 0a.

Thu Feb 16 10:01:26 GMT [monitor.shelf.configError:CRITICAL]: Enclosure services has detected an error in access to shelves or shelf configuration 0a.

The following SES device has not been qualified by Network Appliance for this platform.

For a list of devices qualified for this platform, please contact Network Appliance Global Services.

SES Configuration Information:

logical identifier=0x50050cc002189d96

vendor identification=XYRATEX

product identification=DS14-Mk2-AT

product revision level=0208

Vendor-specific information:

*** Device 0a.15 resides in an enclosure not qualified for this platform."

I have check the compatibility from now.netapp.com website and get the information that

1. R200 support for R200 disk shelf (DS14mk2 AT) --> 320-GB ATA (PN: X266A/X266B-R5) and

2. FAS3050c support for   DiskShelf14mk2 AT --> 320-GB ATA (PN: X266B-R5)

From this system configuration, I assumed that there is no problem while attaching SATA DISK SHELF (DS14MK2 AT) either to R200 or to FAS3050c.

Is there anyone have any idea how to attach ex-R200 SATA Disk Shelf (DS14MK2 AT) to FAS3050c? What should I do so I can use ex-R200 SATA disk shelves into FAS3050c?

Kindly need any suggestion, please?

Many thanks

--ferianto--

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferianto_siregar85

Dear All,

I have know the answer.

Maybe because I am a newbie in NetApp system....so I have many things missed..

I looked at into the LRC Card Module (behind the disk shelf) of the ex-R200 SATA (320A) disk shelf , and get letters "AT-FC2". All the SATA disk shelves have this letter behind them.

I tried to change the LRC Card from another SATA (250A) disk shelf with LRC Card Type AT-FCX and it worked. Controller FAS3050c could recognize the disk shelves.

I tried to looking for the answer and get the information from NetApp knowledgebase "3012392".

It says that "FAS270, FAS3000, and FAS6000: Supports only the AT-FCX module" --> https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3012392

So, the problem is solved. I just need to change the LRC card that supported by the controller.

Thanks for any help and views...

Bravo...

--ferianto--

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ferianto_siregar85

Dear All,

I have know the answer.

Maybe because I am a newbie in NetApp system....so I have many things missed..

I looked at into the LRC Card Module (behind the disk shelf) of the ex-R200 SATA (320A) disk shelf , and get letters "AT-FC2". All the SATA disk shelves have this letter behind them.

I tried to change the LRC Card from another SATA (250A) disk shelf with LRC Card Type AT-FCX and it worked. Controller FAS3050c could recognize the disk shelves.

I tried to looking for the answer and get the information from NetApp knowledgebase "3012392".

It says that "FAS270, FAS3000, and FAS6000: Supports only the AT-FCX module" --> https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3012392

So, the problem is solved. I just need to change the LRC card that supported by the controller.

Thanks for any help and views...

Bravo...

--ferianto--

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public