Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Cannot get OCPM 3.0 to perform discovery

jhboricua

I'm incredibly frustrated right now with the ONCommand Plug-in 3.0 installation manuals. I've followed everything exactly as stated and I still can make my SCOM 2007 R2 test bed to successfully perform a discovery. The task fails with the same stupid message about the Discovery Workflow failing:

The Event Policy for the process started at 9:31:00 AM has detected errors in the output. The 'StdErr' policy expression:

\a+

matched the following output:

D:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 82\17954\ONTAPDiscovery.vbs(60, 3) Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager: The user DORSEYLAW\OpsMgrMSAction does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

The user account listed above on the error message HAS admin permissions to the netapp appliance and to the RMS server. It IS the default action account for the server. It is also the account under which the OnCommand Web Service runs as.

I can add the controllers fine. I can then add the credentials (with the user in question) fine too. But the discovery keeps failing. The installation and administration guide doesn't have anything at all about Run-as account permissions that I can find or any other information that will let me narrow the problem. It's utterly useless. I went in thinking this was going to be a snap and have now wasted 2 days trying to figure out why this doesn't work.

Any assistance is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

vorname_nachname

Pushe. Got the same but with the 3.1.

With the error at discovery:

The Event Policy for the process started at 16:15:55 has detected errors in the output. The ‘StdErr’ policy expression:
\a+

matched the following output:

C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 7\3160\ONTAPDiscovery.vbs(61, 3) OC.OM.Server: DataONTAP discovery – caught exception during commit.

Command executed: “C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe” /nologo “ONTAPDiscovery.vbs” xxxxxxxx.xxx.local

Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 7\3160\

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: DataONTAP.Discovery.Task

Instance name: xxxxxxx.xxx.local

Instance ID: {FD74BB05-6E25-88C8-C63E-B52ACE75D27C}

Management group: xxx
Error Code: -2130771918 (Unknown error (0x80ff0032)).

scomguy

I got the same issue with OCPM 4.1.0. I tried the following sets of credentials without success:

• SCOM action account
  • an account with permission on the controller
  • the service account used to run the OCPM web service

Running the task as a Domain Administrator was successful. In this case, it was quicker to ask the organisation for permission, put in a change request and have it approved than try to troubleshoot why OCPM wouldn't run the task successfully. 

Public