Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Collect system logs with powershell

papersaltserver

Hello,

I want to collect logs from my FAS8040 in cluster mode for audit purposes. The only suitable cmdlet I've found is Get-NaSystemLog, which is not suitalbe for cluster mode. Is there any way to collect logs from powershel, without sending them via syslog, or email? Which cmdlet should I use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

The equivalent to "event log show" on the cluster is the Get-NcEmsMessage cmdlet.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

asulliva

The equivalent to "event log show" on the cluster is the Get-NcEmsMessage cmdlet.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

GLENYU5820
Hi Andrew, Possible to collect other logs beside ems ? such as sktlogd.log Thanks Glen

asulliva

Hi Glen,

Yes, you can use the "Read-NcFile" cmdlet so long as you know the full path to the file...

Read-NcFile -VserverContext $NodeName -Path /vol/vol0/etc/log/mlog/sktlogd.log

Vidad Cosonok has a very useful listing of the files in /etc/log and /etc/log/mlog here.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

GLENYU5820
Hi Andrew, Confirmed it works. Thanks Glen
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public