Category1: File System Category2: Data ONTAP/WAFL Detailed Symptom: [CORE]Issues connecting to filer noted Priority: 3 OS SW Version: 8.1.4P2 7-MODE Model: FAS6280-R5 What have you done so far?: Netapp powershell Toolkit 4
- Adrian has Netapp power toolkit installed on the host
- Andrian has shown me over the web-ex with an example of 2 nodes.
- 1 node for 7 mode the customer is able to login successfully and for 1 node the login process takes up to much of time and does not proceed anywhere.
- checked the user mapping that was correct and identical accept for the node which does not connect has membership to "builtin\user"
- checked the httpd options and could see that it is identical , except the user has provided httpd.rootdir as "/vol/vol0/home/http"
- checked the configuration of useradmin group list ,which shows "sdlg_group" as extra field on the node which user is able to connect using Netapp power toolkit.
- I have collected the screen shot of the issues and I am attaching the same to the case.
- when we tried to collect logs from the powershell it gave an error stating "Access denied"
Documents refereed :
( no document I could find for 7 mode)
I have also collected the ouput for " get-nahelp " What do you need help with?: we need to know why the filer is not connecting on Netapp Powershell toolkit
- the credentials appear to be mapped to PC user
- the host is windows server 2008
- the Netapp powershell toolkit version is 4 Detailed Error message: - the images are updated on the case as "case attachments" as the stingray and light is not working.
Outputs for the follows are collected:
- wcc -s
- options httpd
- Powershell screen shots for the node which is able to connect and for he node where is is not able to connect to.
- Powershell Log.txt we couldnt collect it.
Have you attempted to connect to the controller using Zexplore (from the NMSDK)? If you can't connect using Zexplore then it's likely to be a configuration issue (not a "PowerShell" problem). Here are some instuctions to connect to the conntroller using ZExplore, it requires JRE to be installed as it's a a Java application.
Thanks for the update, when comparing the configuration to the 7-Mode simulator im using for testing i can't see any issue.
What security context did the customer connect to the controller as when using ZExplore (as root or using domain credentials?)
Is the customer able to connect to the controller using PowerShell as the root user either via HTTPS or RPC
Import-Module DataONTAP $controllerName = "x.x.x.x" #Update to set this variable to the controller hostname or IP Address.
$credentials = Get-Credential -Credential root
# test connection as root via HTTPS
Connect-NaController -Name $controllerName -HTTPS -Credential $credentials
# test connection as root via RPC
Connect-NaController -Name $controllerName -RPC -Credential $credentials
If the answer is yes to both then i'd suspect that the issue is related to the users authorized_keys in sshd.
Have you tried copying the authorized_keys from the working controller to it's partner?
From: \\emomni0120c01\etc$\sshd\<%USERNAME%>\.ssh\authorized_keys To: \\emomni0117c01\etc$\sshd\<%USERNAME%>\.ssh\authorized_keys
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.