Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Copy an export policy via PowerShell

rcharlie

I have a customer that has asked for a script to make a backup copy of their export policies every night (and keep 30 days).

I told them this would be easy - until I had a problem finding a cmdlet to make a copy of an export policy.  We can copy an export policy through the command line.  But I can't find the equivalent PowerShell commands to do this.  Am I missing something with the *-NCExportPolicy cmdlets?

(Just the same, we can copy quota policies via the command line and through the copy-ncquotapolicy cmdlet.  Is there an equivalent for export policies?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

There are some scripts for export/backup of export and share policies here.  At the core, you need to use the Get-NcExportPolicy and Get-NcExportPolicyRule cmdlets.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

There are some scripts for export/backup of export and share policies here.  At the core, you need to use the Get-NcExportPolicy and Get-NcExportPolicyRule cmdlets.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

rcharlie

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew.

JGPSHNTAP

^^ I learned to not say "yes i can do that easily" with cDOT cmdlets b/c the 7-mode cmdlets i found were easily to adapt too.

If you make headway, let me know.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public