Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Data migration using ndmpcopy from cdot to cdot

Shailen_singh

I am trying make a powershell script to move data from QC to Production  using powershell and Invoke-NaNdmpCopy utility.

My environment is  Fas8040 NetApp Release 8.3: Mon Mar 09 23:01:28 PDT 2015

In my script I have the following steps  and I am using the KB ID 1013825

Import-Module DataOnTap

#========================================================

$user = "admin"
$password = ConvertTo-SecureString "xxxxxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -Force
$cred = New-Object -TypeName System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -ArgumentList $user,$password
$filer = "cluster1"
$C = connect-nccontroller $filer -https -credential $cred

$srccred = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist "ndmpuser", (ConvertTo-SecureString "xxxxxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -Force)
$dstcred = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist "ndmpuser", (ConvertTo-SecureString "xxxxxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -Force)

Invoke-NaNdmpCopy x.x.x.x /vserver/source_volume_name x.x.x.x /vserver/distination_volume_name -SrcCredential $srccred -SrcAuthType md5 -DstCredential $dstcred -DstAuthType md5 -level 0

I get the following error

Invoke-NaNdmpCopy : Exception from ndmp message DATA_START_RECOVER: An error occured: ILLEGAL_ARGS_ERR.
At line:1 char:1
+ Invoke-NaNdmpCopy x.x.x.x /vserver/source_volume_name x.x.x.x /igskbthif ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Invoke-NaNdmpCopy], NdmpMessageException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NDMP error,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Ndmp.InvokeNaNdmpCopy

2 REPLIES 2

vCosonok

Hello Shailen,

Did you get this working?

I was trying to get it working from cDOT to cDOT, and stumbled across this post (was getting the same error as you). I think you're just missing a backslash after the volume name, so the below should work:

Invoke-NaNdmpCopy x.x.x.x /vserver/source_volume_name/ x.x.x.x /vserver/distination_volume_name/ -SrcCredential $srccred -SrcAuthType md5 -DstCredential $dstcred -DstAuthType md5 -level 0

I've definately had this working against my 8.3.2 SIMs.

Cheers,

VC

mcgue
The cmdlet you are using is 7-mode. Each cdot cmdlet contains Nc instead of Na.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public