Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

ERROR whne using CMDLet Add-NcCifsServer to SVM in a particular OU

PADMANTECH

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has been able to use the CMDLet Add-NcCifsServer to place a SVM in a particular Active Directory OU? I am getting the error when running the below:

$ADCred = Get-Credential -Message "Enter Active Directory account"

$SVM = "TestSVM"

Add-NcCifsServer -Name $SVM -Domain test.domain -OrganizationalUnit "OU=NetApp,OU=NonWindows,OU=Servers" -AdminCredential $ADCred -VserverContext $SVM

Error Message:

Add-NcCifsServer : Failed to create the Active Directory machine account "TestSVM". Reason: Cmd failed.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-NcCifsServer -Name $SVM -Domain test.domain -OrganizationalUnit "OU=NetApp ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (192.168.x.x:NcController) [Add-NcCifsServer], EAPIERROR

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.AddNcCifsServer

Any help most welcome.

Kind regards,

Jason

1 REPLY 1

PADMANTECH

Hi All,

I Have found a work around for this and that is the create the Computer Account in AD first:

$ADCred = Get-Credential -Message "Enter Active Directory account to join SVM to AD"

New-ADComputer -Name $SVM -Description "NetApp SVM" -Path "OU=NetApp,OU=NonWindows,OU=Servers,DC=test,DC=domain" -Credential $ADCred

Add-NcCifsServer -Name $SVM -Domain test.domain -AdminCredential $ADCred -VserverContext $SVM -Force

Kind regards,

Jason

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public