Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Error while using the Read-NaFile command

ALVARO_OCHOA

Whenever trying to run the read-nafile command I'm getting the error message below:

Connect-NaController FilerA

Read-NaFile -path /vol/vol0/etc/syslog.conf

Read-NaFile : Unable to open /vol/vol0/etc/syslog.conf: No such file or directory

At line:1 char:1

+ Read-NaFile -path /vol/vol0/etc/syslog.conf

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (FilerA:NaController) [Read-NaFile], EONTAPI_ENOENT

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.File.ReadNaFile

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cole

Are you sure your root volume is called vol0 and that the path is correct?  Can you successfully perform a Read-NaDirectory on that path?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JGPSHNTAP

I see no issue

PS C:\powershell> read-nafile /vol/vol0/etc/syslog.conf

#*.info                                  /dev/console
*.info                                  /etc/messages

ALVARO_OCHOA

You are correct the command should work.

The issue can be recreated while trying to access any other files i.e. hosts,rc,etc. I am testing the command against different controllers and it is failing as well.

Thanks

JGPSHNTAP

What I would suggest is use cifs and i usually browse etc$ via native powershell..

cole

Are you sure your root volume is called vol0 and that the path is correct?  Can you successfully perform a Read-NaDirectory on that path?

ALVARO_OCHOA

Cole thanks for pointing me in the right direction, vol0 has been renamed and that is what was causing the issue. After updating the name the command ran fine.

Public