Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NaVol MirrorStatus vs Raidstatus to know snapmirrored state of a flexvol ?

vloiseau

I wanted to know what means MirrorStatus as it is not the good field to look for a snapmirrored state

See the example on a snapmirror destination :

MirrorStatus                 : unmirrored

Name                         : VSPHERE_DS1_secvol_1

OwningVfiler                 : vfiler0

PercentageUsed               : 94

PlexCount                    : 1

Plexes                       : {/aggr2/plex0}

QuotaInit                    : 0

RaidSize                     : 16

RaidStatus                   : raid_dp,snapmirrored,read-only,sis

Thanks.

Valéry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

timothyn

Hi Valéry,

That field along with some of the others you listed (Plexes, RaidSize) show info for the containing aggregate to be compatible with the older TradVols (basically a flexvol and aggregate at the same time).  MirrorStatus shows if the aggregate/tradvol is mirrored with SyncMirror.   Note that SyncMirror is not the same as Sync SnapMirror, rather SyncMirror is the basis for MetroCluster.

I'd recommend looking at the Get-NaSnapmirror* cmdlets for more information about SnapMirror.

Cheers,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

timothyn

Hi Valéry,

That field along with some of the others you listed (Plexes, RaidSize) show info for the containing aggregate to be compatible with the older TradVols (basically a flexvol and aggregate at the same time).  MirrorStatus shows if the aggregate/tradvol is mirrored with SyncMirror.   Note that SyncMirror is not the same as Sync SnapMirror, rather SyncMirror is the basis for MetroCluster.

I'd recommend looking at the Get-NaSnapmirror* cmdlets for more information about SnapMirror.

Cheers,

Eric

JGPSHNTAP

I echo what Eric suggests, but if you want to look for read-only volumes you can do this.

Get-NaVol | where {$_.state -eq "online" -and $_.raidstatus -match "read-only"}

Public