Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Help with powershell toolkit on WinXP

bedelen

I am having difficulty with the import-module on an XP machine. I can use it fine on a windows 2k8R2 system that is attached to the NetApp via FC. Is this module looking for some type of HBA in order to function? (i.e. ISCSI or FCP).

I have successfully listed the modules, but Import gives an error. Please help!

Below are specifics:

Name                                                                        ModuleType
----                                                                        ----------
DataOnTap\DataONTAP.dll                                                         Script
DataOnTap\log4net.dll                                                           Script
DataOnTap\ntapadmin32.dll                                                       Script
DataOnTap\ntapadmin64.dll                                                       Script
DataOnTap\Ontapi.dll                                                            Script
DataOnTap\DataONTAP.dll                                                         Script
DataOnTap\log4net.dll                                                           Script
DataOnTap\ntapadmin32.dll                                                       Script
DataOnTap\ntapadmin64.dll                                                       Script
DataOnTap\Ontapi.dll                                                            Script
FileTransfer.psd1                                                             Manifest
FileTransfer\Microsoft.BackgroundIntelligentTransfer.Management.Interop.dll     Script
PSDiagnostics.psd1                                                            Manifest
PSDiagnostics\PSDiagnostics.psm1                                                Script

PS H:\> Import-Module DataOnTap
Import-Module : Could not load type 'System.Management.Automation.OutputTypeAttribute' from assembly 'System.Management
.Automation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
At line:1 char:14
+ Import-Module <<<<  DataOnTap
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-Module], TypeLoadException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.TypeLoadException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

2 REPLIES 2

cknight

Hello, bedelen.  No, the Toolkit really doesn't do anything at module load time.  I tried Toolkit 1.0 on a 32-bit XP system before release and did not see this problem.  The type 'System.Management.Automation.OutputTypeAttribute' was introduced into PowerShell 2.0, so are you certain that you are running the final PowerShell 2.0 release build (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929)?

bedelen

fyi, this was fixed with the latest release of powershell 2.0

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929

Public