Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Logging Infrastructure within PowerShell Toolkit

TEAMHELPID

Please guide me if there is any logging infrastructure within PowerShell Toolkit to capture events/info/warnings/errors or cmdlet parameters. If yes, how to enable & configure it.

I mean log for all the activities that happen in PowerShell Toolkit, such a what cmdlets the user has run, what warnings occured, etc. (like a normal logging infrastructure for any good application).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sizemore

The toolkit is just that a toolkit.  It is not an application, it's a low level building block that enables you to build your own custom solutions. Each individual cmdlet has standard warning/error/debug/info information, but that information is written to the PowerShell host, not a common log.   If your solutions require a logging infrastructure, you can build one into your scripts using standard cmdlets like New-Event, and out-file.

Hope that helps,

~Glenn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sizemore

The toolkit is just that a toolkit.  It is not an application, it's a low level building block that enables you to build your own custom solutions. Each individual cmdlet has standard warning/error/debug/info information, but that information is written to the PowerShell host, not a common log.   If your solutions require a logging infrastructure, you can build one into your scripts using standard cmdlets like New-Event, and out-file.

Hope that helps,

~Glenn

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public