Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

MAT4Shift 1.7

TARIQALIJAN

hi I am having some issues with using new version MAT4SHIF (v1.7) , most of time time during VM collection it comes back with following error.

Get-View     The specified path is not correct. Element 'vlan' does't exist.  No Windows PowerShell snap-ins matching the pattern 'VMware.VimAutomation.Core' were found. check the pattern and then try again.

i can confirm that PowerCLI 5.1 is installed and the script does connect to viserver. I have network mapping added too. 

I am also getting Get-NcNode - Value cannot be null, the controller parameter neither specified nor set in $global:CurrentNcController.

variouse other errors i am getting, also is there any way to only collect certain VMs and not have to add all network mapping etc as running run the script isn't easy one for multi-hosting platform.

[Error] Failed to stage Credentials in Guest - aborting Regedit section  -- this another error i get after get passed the above stages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Tariq

1 REPLY 1

TARIQALIJAN

hi

Has any one exprience this problem, i keep getting this error after passing many hurdles in the script 

Get-View The specified path is not correct. Element 'vlan' doesn't exist.  Get-View The specified path is not correct. Element 'vlan' doesn't exist. No Windows PowerShell snap-ins matching the pattern 'VMware.VimAutomation.Core' were found. Check the pattern and then try the command again.

after i get passed that, later in conversion process i get below error. 

Failed to stage Credentials in Guest - aborting Regedit section, Conversion  failed: Failed to stage Credentials in Guest - aborting Regedit section.exception.Message

the script seem to be referencing  to old scrip/DB/ folder and its getting confused in many places. I wish it was as easy as showing in demo. 

Regards

Tariq

Public