The community is undergoing maintenance and is in Read-Only mode. Click to learn more.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

MAT4Shift 1.7

TARIQALIJAN

hi I am having some issues with using new version MAT4SHIF (v1.7) , most of time time during VM collection it comes back with following error.

Get-View     The specified path is not correct. Element 'vlan' does't exist.  No Windows PowerShell snap-ins matching the pattern 'VMware.VimAutomation.Core' were found. check the pattern and then try again.

i can confirm that PowerCLI 5.1 is installed and the script does connect to viserver. I have network mapping added too. 

I am also getting Get-NcNode - Value cannot be null, the controller parameter neither specified nor set in $global:CurrentNcController.

variouse other errors i am getting, also is there any way to only collect certain VMs and not have to add all network mapping etc as running run the script isn't easy one for multi-hosting platform.

[Error] Failed to stage Credentials in Guest - aborting Regedit section  -- this another error i get after get passed the above stages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Tariq

1 REPLY 1

TARIQALIJAN

hi

Has any one exprience this problem, i keep getting this error after passing many hurdles in the script 

Get-View The specified path is not correct. Element 'vlan' doesn't exist.  Get-View The specified path is not correct. Element 'vlan' doesn't exist. No Windows PowerShell snap-ins matching the pattern 'VMware.VimAutomation.Core' were found. Check the pattern and then try the command again.

after i get passed that, later in conversion process i get below error. 

Failed to stage Credentials in Guest - aborting Regedit section, Conversion  failed: Failed to stage Credentials in Guest - aborting Regedit section.exception.Message

the script seem to be referencing  to old scrip/DB/ folder and its getting confused in many places. I wish it was as easy as showing in demo. 

Regards

Tariq

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public