Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Re: NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 4.5P1 released!

One issue I encountered on W2K12R2, even after installing Putty 64-bit V0.70, was that PowerShell kept saying:

Please install putty (version putty-64bit-0.70) on your machine to use this cmdlet.

I used SysInternal's 'Procmon.exe' utility to monitor PowerShell's access to the registry, and I saw that it was looking for this registry key:
   HKCU\SOFTWARE\SimonTatham\PuTTY64

It turned out that my W2K12R2 server didn't have a registry key called 'PuTTY64', it had 'PuTTY'.  I added '64' to the registry key, so it looked like 'PuTTY64', and then the InovkeNcSsh cmdlet worked like it was supposed to.

I suspect that I had a 32-bit version of PuTTY installed prior to installing the 64-bit version, and the registry key didn't get updated to 'PuTTY64', since it already existed.

I made sure that the permission were as described elsewhere in the thread:

All application packages: Full Control
   Users (of the local machine your on): Full Control

I hope that this information helps others who are trying to get the InovkeNcSsh cmdlet to work.

Re: NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 4.5P1 released!

Just and update to this post. I was able to complete the invoke-ncssh command by making sure that I was running powershell as administrator as well as copying plink.exe was copied into my module install path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Netapp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules\DataONTAP). This returned the output that I was looking for!

Forums