Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.12.1.2302 / "New-NcVol" -language parameter broken/not working

MarcelM

Hello *,

after upgrading NetApp PSTK to latest version 9.12.1.2302 on our win 2012R2 script host and running some dr scripts i noticed a possible error/bug in "New-NcVol" command.

When using the parameter -language PS runs the new new-ncvol command without any errors but no volume will be created. I tried every possible combination but no volume wil be created. When leaving out the parameter volume will be created but we need to have a different language from svm root volume.

Can anyone confirm the same problem when using -language?

Currently it seems like every version of PSTK has its own big bugs which leaves them nearly unusable.

4 REPLIES 4

ukauf

I ran into the same issue with 9.14. Did you find a solution for this meanwhile?

MarcelM

Hello,
luckily we are still running ONTAP 9.9.1 and 9.10.1 so i force my PS scripts to use NetApp PSTK at version 9.10.1.2111 and this helps us use every command we need without any errors.

Import-Module NetApp.ONTAP -MaximumVersion 9.10.1.2111 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

We did not try to use PSTK 9.14.1 yet - i was looking forward to this version but after your info it seems like every new version still has some errors. When we cant use the language parameter we cant script volume creation... maybe hope for PSTK 9.15.1....

saharsh

Hi Marcel, could you please share us the debug logs of the command execution, it will help us to identify the issue. You can enable the debug logs using "Set-NaToolkitConfiguration debug" command.

ukauf

I attached the log using the latest 9.14 Toolkit.

---- MODERATOR NOTE: Log removed per customer request ----

PWSH Output:

Name Address Vserver Version
---- ------- ------- -------
mysrv.mydom.com 10.142.1.104 NetApp Release 9.14.1: Tue Jan 23 21:48:01 UTC 2024
New-NcVol : Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.
At C:\Users\myself\Desktop\Voltest.ps1:47 char:1
+ new-ncvol -Name $Volumename -Aggregate aggr1 -Size $VolSize -Security ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-NcVol], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameterSet,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Volume.NewNcVol

Public