Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

OCPM 4.0.1 discovery fails

michaelalbers

Hi all,

I just installed OCPM 4.0.1 on Windows 2012 R2 with SCOM 2012 R2 and added my cDot systems.

When I try a discovery I get this error message.

The PowerShell script failed with below exception   

System.Management.Automation.MethodInvocationException: Exception calling "CreateDomain" with "3" argument(s): "The specified user does not have a valid profile. Unable to load 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.Internal, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'."At line:40 char:12   
+ return [AppDomain]::CreateDomain("OC.Cluster.OM.Powershell.NonDefaultAppDoma ...   
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.ConvertToMethodInvocationException(Exception exception, Type typeToThrow, String methodName, Int32 numArgs, MemberInfo memberInfo)   
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , RuntimeType , String , Object , Object )   
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)   
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)   
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)   
Script Name: Discovery.ps1   
One or more workflows were affected by this.   
Workflow name: DataONTAP.Cluster.DataONTAP.Cluster.Discovery.Task   
Instance name: XXXX  
Instance ID: XXXX  
Management group: XXXX  

Error Code: -2130771918 (Unknown error (0x80ff0032)).  

This only happening when I´m using the predefined Run As Account. Where can I define this account?

1.png

Hoping someone can help

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinith

The discovery and monitoring scripts used by OCPM are called using the Windows PowerShell and are run under the context of the default action account in SCOM. This account should have a Windows profile created to run the PowerShell script. If this account is not used to log in to the SCOM server before running the OCPM SCOM Management pack, the discovery and monitoring tasks will fail to run the PowerShell script.

Can you Perform the following steps and retry the operation

1. Log in to the SCOM server with the default action account.
  2. Restart the SCOM service.
  3. Run a manual discovery in SCOM.

Also please refer to this KB article.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=S%3A2020050&actp=LIST

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vinith

The discovery and monitoring scripts used by OCPM are called using the Windows PowerShell and are run under the context of the default action account in SCOM. This account should have a Windows profile created to run the PowerShell script. If this account is not used to log in to the SCOM server before running the OCPM SCOM Management pack, the discovery and monitoring tasks will fail to run the PowerShell script.

Can you Perform the following steps and retry the operation

1. Log in to the SCOM server with the default action account.
  2. Restart the SCOM service.
  3. Run a manual discovery in SCOM.

Also please refer to this KB article.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=S%3A2020050&actp=LIST

michaelalbers

Works great, thanks a lot!

KlausnerIT

Hi,

May I ask you if you got a working link for this Knowledge Base article you posted?

regards

Matthias

lostcase

I'm having similar issues. But the KB Article URL link is broken?

Public