PowerShell Toolkit cmdlet get-nccredential fails

MarkusBe

Hi all,

I currently getting some strange response from the "get-nccredential" cmdlet:

PS C:\Users\markus> import-module dataontap
PS C:\Users\markus> get-module

ModuleType Version Name ExportedCommands
---------- ------- ---- ----------------
Manifest 9.12.1.... dataontap {Add-NaAggr, Add-NaCifsShare, Add-NaCredential, Add-NaFpol...
Manifest 3.1.0.0 Microsoft.PowerShell.Management {Add-Computer, Add-Content, Checkpoint-Computer, Clear-Con...
Manifest 3.1.0.0 Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility {Add-Member, Add-Type, Clear-Variable, Compare-Object...}
Script 2.0.0 PSReadLine {Get-PSReadLineKeyHandler, Get-PSReadLineOption, Remove-PS...

PS C:\Users\markus> get-nccredential
get-nccredential : Cannot process argument because the value of argument "userName" is not valid. Change the value of
the "userName" argument and run the operation again.
At line:1 char:1
+ get-nccredential
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-NcCredential], PSArgumentException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Argument,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Toolkit.Credentials.GetNcCredential

PS C:\Users\markus>

I already tried other versions (9.10.1, 9.11.1) which show the same effect. But it seems a profile related problem, as I can run the cmdlet in an administrator powershell without a problem.

Has anyone an idea how to troubleshoot this further, or a solution?

Thanks,

Markus

2 REPLIES 2

AmmarMhowwala

This behavior is expected for the Get-NcCredential cmdlet.

MarkusBe

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response. I just noticed that there was feedback to my question. So, I have to run this cmdlet as administrator and can't use it as a regular user? Can you give me some more details about it?

Public