Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Powershell Toolkit 4.6 & Invoke-NaSsh

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hello,

I'm running a powershell script to collect some ifgrp informations from my 7-mode filers (powershell via putty).

$IfGrpStatus = Invoke-NaSsh "ifgrp status $($ifgrp)"

How I can close current sessions, which were opened by my script?
The Problem is, after I start my script I can't login to my filer:

/sbin/ngsh: Too many users
Connection to XXXXXX closed.

Everytime I have to disconned all sessions with ssh FILER logout telnet command and that's not comfortable for my usage.

Thank you and regards,

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi Lukas,

Here is an "example" for you to modify to meet the requirements of your environment.

Source Code:

<#'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Script Name : GetIfGrp.ps1
'Author      : Matthew Beattie
'Created     : 2018-06-21
'Description : This script connects to a 7-Mode controller and enumerates ifgrps.
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Functions Section
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#>
Param(
   [Parameter(Mandatory=$True, HelpMessage="The 7-Mode controller name or IP Address")]   
   [String]$Controller,
   [Parameter(Mandatory=$False, HelpMessage="The credentials to connect to the controller")]   
   [System.Management.Automation.PSCredential]$Credentials
)
#'------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#'Import the DataONTAP powershell module
#'------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Import-Module DataONTAP
#'Prompt for credentials if not provided.
If(-Not($Credentials)){
   $Credentials = Get-Credential
}
#'Connect to the Controller
Try{
   Connect-NaController -Name $Controller -Credential $Credentials -ErrorAction Stop | Out-Null
   Write-Host "Connected to ""$Controller"""
}Catch{
   Write-Warning -Message $("Failed connecting to ""$Controller"". Error " + $_.Exception.Message)
   Break;
}
#'Enumerate the Interface groups.
[Array]$command = @("ifgrp", "status")
 Try{
   $api = $("<system-cli><args><arg>" + ($command -join "</arg><arg>") + "</arg></args></system-cli>")
   $output = Invoke-NaSystemApi -Request $api -ErrorAction Stop
   Write-Host $("Executed Command`: " + $([String]::Join(" ", $command)))
}Catch{
   Write-Warning -Message $("Failed Executing Command`: " + $([String]::Join(" ", $command)) + ". Error " + $_.Exception.Message)
   Break;
}
#'Format the command output if the command result was sucessfull.
If($output.results."cli-result-value" -eq 1){
   [Array]$lines = $output.results."cli-output".Trim().Split("`n")
   ForEach($line In $lines){
      [String]$result   = $($line -Replace("\s+", " ")).Trim();
      [Array]$elements += $result
   }
   ForEach($element In $elements){
      Write-Host $element
   }
}

Example output:

PS C:\Scripts\PowerShell\Projects\GetIfGrp> .\GetIfGrp.ps1 -Controller testns01 -Credentials $Credentials
Connected to "testns01"
Executed Command: ifgrp status
default: transmit 'IP Load balancing', Ifgrp Type 'multi_mode', fail 'log'
ifgrp1: 2 links, transmit 'IP Load balancing', Ifgrp Type 'multi_mode' fail 'default'
Ifgrp Status Up Addr_set
up:
e0d: state up, since 21Jun2018 11:56:37 (00:37:38)
mediatype: auto-1000t-fd-up
flags: enabled
input packets 1, input bytes 64
output packets 0, output bytes 0
up indications 1, broken indications 0
drops (if) 0, drops (link) 0
indication: up at 21Jun2018 11:56:37
consecutive 2118, transitions 1
e0c: state up, since 21Jun2018 11:56:31 (00:37:44)
indication: up at 21Jun2018 11:56:31
consecutive 2124, transitions 1

Hope that helps

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mbeattie

Hi Lucas,

You could try to use "Invoke-NaSystemApi" instead of "Invoke-NaSsh". I've posted some powershell examples here:

https://community.netapp.com/t5/Microsoft-Cloud-and-Virtualization-Discussions/NetApp-PowerShell-Toolkit-4-5P1-released/td-p/138566/highlight/true/pag...

Hope that helps

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi Matt,

can you please show me how I can get vif-name and containing online links via Invoke-NaSystemApi ? I'm not able to get this informations...

Thank you,

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

mbeattie

Hi Lukas,

Here is an "example" for you to modify to meet the requirements of your environment.

Source Code:

<#'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Script Name : GetIfGrp.ps1
'Author      : Matthew Beattie
'Created     : 2018-06-21
'Description : This script connects to a 7-Mode controller and enumerates ifgrps.
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Functions Section
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#>
Param(
   [Parameter(Mandatory=$True, HelpMessage="The 7-Mode controller name or IP Address")]   
   [String]$Controller,
   [Parameter(Mandatory=$False, HelpMessage="The credentials to connect to the controller")]   
   [System.Management.Automation.PSCredential]$Credentials
)
#'Import the DataONTAP powershell module
Import-Module DataONTAP
#'Prompt for credentials if not provided.
If(-Not($Credentials)){
   $Credentials = Get-Credential
}
#'Connect to the Controller
Try{
   Connect-NaController -Name $Controller -Credential $Credentials -ErrorAction Stop | Out-Null
   Write-Host "Connected to ""$Controller"""
}Catch{
   Write-Warning -Message $("Failed connecting to ""$Controller"". Error " + $_.Exception.Message)
   Break;
}
#'Enumerate the Interface groups.
[Array]$command = @("ifgrp", "status")
 Try{
   $api = $("<system-cli><args><arg>" + ($command -join "</arg><arg>") + "</arg></args></system-cli>")
   $output = Invoke-NaSystemApi -Request $api -ErrorAction Stop
   Write-Host $("Executed Command`: " + $([String]::Join(" ", $command)))
}Catch{
   Write-Warning -Message $("Failed Executing Command`: " + $([String]::Join(" ", $command)) + ". Error " + $_.Exception.Message)
   Break;
}
#'Format the command output if the command result was sucessfull.
If($output.results."cli-result-value" -eq 1){
   [Array]$lines = $output.results."cli-output".Trim().Split("`n")
   ForEach($line In $lines){
      [String]$result   = $($line -Replace("\s+", " ")).Trim();
      [Array]$elements += $result
   }
   ForEach($element In $elements){
      Write-Host $element
   }
}

Example output:

PS C:\Scripts\PowerShell\Projects\GetIfGrp> .\GetIfGrp.ps1 -Controller testns01 -Credentials $Credentials
Connected to "testns01"
Executed Command: ifgrp status
default: transmit 'IP Load balancing', Ifgrp Type 'multi_mode', fail 'log'
ifgrp1: 2 links, transmit 'IP Load balancing', Ifgrp Type 'multi_mode' fail 'default'
Ifgrp Status Up Addr_set
up:
e0d: state up, since 21Jun2018 11:56:37 (00:37:38)
indication: up at 21Jun2018 11:56:37
consecutive 2118, transitions 1
e0c: state up, since 21Jun2018 11:56:31 (00:37:44)
indication: up at 21Jun2018 11:56:31
consecutive 2124, transitions 1

Hope that helps

/Matt

Public