2016-05-19 09:10 PM
I have problem with SMHV application consistent fail as below.
- three Windows 2012R2 Hyper-V with failover cluster
- NetApp LUN present to failover cluster and config with CSV
- when execute SMHV application consistent and select one of VM, backup failed
- MS support use Windows Serevr Backup one of the VM under CSV failed,refer MS support reply, virtual machine hosted on CSV cannot be added as part of backup
- MS support use Windows Serevr Backup again with whole CSV successful
- when I execute SMHV application consistent and select all VM under CSV, backup successful
Is SNHV application consistent backup must select all VM under CSV?
Solved! See The Solution
2016-07-29 02:47 AM
The problem should be DNS did not have SVM record and SMHV timeout cannot found the SVM.
I am not sure must define DNS record in DNS because manual did not mention and the Snapdrive also iniput prefer storage IP and hostanme when installation.