Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

SMI-S 5.1 Agent errors

GTNDADABO

Greetings all,

Hoping there's someone with more CIM experience than I have who can point me in the right direction.  I'm getting the following errors on one 6220 HA pair but not another when the 5.1 agent attempts discovery:

18-Mar-2014 13:22:25.876 SEVERE  cimserver: CMPIError raised by provider:At ..\..\cmpiutils\filerdataimpl.c:753 in getFilerByName(): ONTAP_FilerData Instance not found

18-Mar-2014 13:42:12.778 SEVERE  cimserver: CMPIError raised by provider:At ..\..\cmpiutils\filerdataimpl.c:753 in getFilerByName(): ONTAP_FilerData Instance not found

18-Mar-2014 13:46:33.649 SEVERE  cimserver: ONTAPStatus:At ..\..\wbemontapi\utils.c:237 in setErrorONTAPI(): Filer return: Not enough memory to get instances for volume.Use perf-object-get-instances-iter-* calls and/or ask for specific counters to limit the amount of data retrieved - With storage system n.n.n.n.

18-Mar-2014 13:46:39.711 SEVERE  cimserver: ONTAPStatus:At ..\..\wbemontapi\utils.c:237 in setErrorONTAPI(): Filer return: Not enough memory to get instances for volume.Use perf-object-get-instances-iter-* calls and/or ask for specific counters to limit the amount of data retrieved - With storage system n.n.n.n.

18-Mar-2014 14:12:24.978 SEVERE  cimserver: ONTAPStatus:At ..\..\wbemontapi\devicecacher.c:750 in tellPegasusCacheReady(): Filer Cache: Could not open file mapping object

This seems odd to me as the HA pair that's working is (generally speaking) busier than the HA pair that isn't.  So if I were going to get "out of resource" errors I'd expect them to be reversed.  Things I've tried:

1. Switched from https to http filer access

2. Switched from service account to root for authentication

3. Restarted the cimserver

There has to be a config difference between the pairs that I'm missing.  Either that or both my controllers on one site have spent all day being short on RAM while the other, more I/O intensive site is using RAM more efficiently.

1 REPLY 1

GTNDADABO

Opened a support case and it's 5.1 making an old API call.  They're opening a new bug report and escalating to SMI-S engineering.  Hoping that this fixes it.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public