Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Volumes allocated to systems

sg0133
Hi Experts,
I have 7-mode as well as cluster mode in my environment. I wanted to write an query which will provide me the details of the volumes allocated to the systems.
Is it feasible to get that through powershell script.

Regards,
SG
3 REPLIES 3

sg0133

Hi Andrew,

I am looking for details like luns allocated to systems in clustermode. For example i am using :

show -vserver <vservername>

which will be giving me the volume name. Then i will be using the volume name with lun mapping i can see the path,Igroup , lun id etc

Vserver    Path                                                                   Igroup                                                   LUN ID  Protocol

---------- ----------------------------------------                            -------                                    ------  --------

jack      /vol/WIN_admin_p1/admin_p1-873320                  Cal-WIN-admin-Cluster                   71      fcp

So is there something which i can use it through powercli script after connecting to NcController.

Regards,

Sourav

asulliva

I have some examples of managing data access using the PowerShell toolkit here, hopefully they are useful.

At the simplest level, showing the LUNs for a particular SVM can be done a couple of different ways....

# pipeline
Get-NcVserver $svmName | Get-NcLun

# parameter
Get-NcLun -Vserver $svmName

If you wanted to take it a step further and get the volume object for a LUN...

Get-NcVserver $svmName | Get-NcLun | ?{ $_.Name -like "applicationName" } | Get-NcVol

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

asulliva

Hello @sg0133,

What volume details are you looking for?  Using Get-NaVol (7-mode) or Get-NcVol (clustered) will return back nearly all of the volume inforamation, though not necessarily in a readable format.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public