Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

get-navolsis out of memory

JGPSHNTAP

Running 4.3

I'm looping through all my controllers 100+ and i start to get this error

get-navolsis : Not enough memory for reply value, but command completed successfully                                      At C:\powershell\f_dashboard.ps1:60 char:9                                                                           + $dupe = get-navolsis                                                                                                    +         ~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (filer.domain.com:NaController) [Get-NaVolSis], EONTAPI_ENOMEM       + FullyQualifiedErrorId : VolumeListInfoFailed,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Sis.GetNaVolSis                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I've never got this before and i'm going to try an older version 3.x to see if i get it there.

Can someone else verify this ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JGPSHNTAP

Andrew -

Would you agree i should be able to do this

$dedupe =[math]::round(((get-navolsis | measure -property sizesaved -sum).sum/1gb),2)

I then dump out $dedupe each time I write that

I didn't mean to mark this as a solution

Basically i can loop that line through all my controllers and dump it out each time..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

asulliva

This sounds like a PowerShell error.  Are you storing all of the returned values into a single variable?  Would it be more prudent to iterate over the results in real-time in a loop vs collecting them and then iterating over the full result?

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

Andrew -

Would you agree i should be able to do this

$dedupe =[math]::round(((get-navolsis | measure -property sizesaved -sum).sum/1gb),2)

I then dump out $dedupe each time I write that

I didn't mean to mark this as a solution

Basically i can loop that line through all my controllers and dump it out each time..

View solution in original post

asulliva

Yes, that should definitely work, at least on the surface.

I was curious if you were doing something like:

$dedupeInfo = Get-NaVol | Get-NaVolSis

for all 100+ controllers, which would create a very large variable (and presumably eat a lot of memory on your desktop).

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

^^

Nah, each time i'm dumping dedup out in the loop.

No big deal, what I had to do was for each volume get it and dump it each time.  Not a horrible solution, but its working...

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public