Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

set-ncquota behavior

LULUTCHAB

Hello,

does anyone use the CmdLet "set-ncquota" to manage users quota? I did some tests and I had a strange behavior. Here are some information to help you to understand my problem.

- I'm working on a volume (dit_filesx_indiv) and I set a default quota policy with a "space hard limit" of 2GB per user.

- The volume (dit_filesx_indiv) is on a vServer named "filesx"

- My user is INTRANET\chaboude (<domainName>\<username)

And now, here is the step I did :

1. I manually created a folder named "chaboude" in the volume and set "INTRANET\chaboude" as OWNER
  2. I go to "System Manager", browse for the correct vServer (filesx) and go to "Storage" > "Quotas" > "Quota Report".
  3. I can see an entry for INTRANET\chaboude with the following:
    Volume: dit_filesx_indiv
    Qtree: All Qtrees
    Type: user
    User/Group : INTRANET\chaboude
    %space used: 0
    % files Used: -NA-
  4. When I select the entry, in the details (below), I can see :
    Space Hard limit: 2GB
    File Usage : 1
    Space Usage: 0kb
  5. If I try to copy a file bigger than 2GB, I have an error.

After this, I try to change add a "User defined quota" of 10GB for my user INTRANET\chaboude. I use the following PowerShell code:

$secPassword = ConvertTo-SecureString "********" -AsPlainText -Force

$credentials = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential("nas_ps_readwrite", $secPassword)

$connectHandle = Connect-NcController -Name srv3140cluster-mgt -Credential $credentials -HTTPS

$vserver = Get-NcVserver -Name filesx

Set-NcQuota -Controller $connectHandle -VserverContext $vserver -Volume dit_filesx_indiv -Type user -DiskLimit 104857600 -Target INTRANET\chaboude

Then, I go back to "System Manager" to see the "User Defined Quotas" tab for my volume "dit_filesx_indiv" and I can see a entry for INTRANET\chaboude with the following.

- Volume: dit_filesx_indiv

- Qtree: All Qtrees

- Type: User

- User/Group : INTRANET\chaboude

If I select the entry, below, I can see that "Space Hard Limit" is set to 10GB.

BUT, if I now try to copy files in "chaboude" folder for more than the 2GB limit I had before, I have an error!!!

I go back to "System Manager" and in "Quota Report" tab and I select the entry for "INTRANET\chaboude" to see the details, I can see that the "Space Hard Limit" is still set to 2GB....

What did I wrong with the "set-ncquota" command??  Does anyone can help me?

Thank you

Regards,

When I add a quota using

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public